Are you thinking of building your own online jewelry store? Starting an online store involves many important elements. Keep reading this helpful guide on how to go about it!
1. The first step is to choose an e-commerce platform to set up your online store. Shopify, for example, is an easy and effective way to launch an e-commerce business. There are many available themes which are customizable to reflect your brand’s image. Shopify even has pre-designed templates that are specifically designed for jewelry and accessories.
2. Next, make sure your jewelry differentiates itself from that of other brands. It’s a plus if the materials are good quality, non-toxic, and don’t tarnish!
3. Once you have your product inventory, you’re ready to create your online catalog. Be sure to include all relevant information and provide detailed product descriptions so that your customers aren’t left with doubts and asking questions. For a jewelry store this should include:
4. It’s important to upload clear photos of the jewelry, as well as photos of the jewelry being worn, so that potential customers can visualise what they’re purchasing and therefore be happy with their final purchase decision.
5. Another essential thing to include is an accurate sizing chart so that customers can purchase their jewelry in the right sizes (i.e. rings). Moreover, since sizing varies, ensure to have a return policy in place.
6. Lastly, a major must-have on your online jewelry store is testimonials and product reviews. These can help your online store visitors in making their decision to purchase your jewelry online. When shopping for jewelry online, customers will want to know what others think about the products, especially since they can’t tangibly try on or feel the product online. This also allows customers to compare brands, and hopefully, ultimately pick yours! It’s also great to include social proof, and even have this include influencers promoting your jewelry! When online users see the people they look up to representing a brand, it can help the brand gain credibility and entice a purchase.
Now you know the ins and outs to starting your own online jewelry store! Sign up with Shopify and get started with just the click of a button.